Keeping You Safe
As of April 3rd, 2023, masks are now optional in healthcare clinic settings such as our office. If you have a compromised immune system and need to ensure your health, please call the clinic at 707-955-1120 and we will make accommodations.
Rest assured, all of us at Barth Vision & Optical have taken great pains to research and implement state-of-the-art infectious disease measures for all of our services, following the latest scientific protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and American Medical Association.
- Minimal in-person contact, most always with just one member of our optic care team.
- Live follow-up visits online, in the comfort and convenience of your home. These consultations can include a literal “show-and-tell” of any diagnostic findings, which we send to your computer and then help interpret for you in real time.
In this changed world, we are pleased to offer our patients an unchanging commitment to doing everything possible in the service of their vision. It is our pleasure and privilege to share our experience, expertise and joy in the pursuit of that goal.
Our Current COVID Precautions
Thank you for all you are doing to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. You are making sacrifices and dealing with significant changes in your daily life. We appreciate your patience as we take precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These measures are meant to keep you and our staff safe in accordance with CDC recommendations.
“Indoor masking is still required by the state for everyone, regardless of vaccination status, in public transportation; health care settings; congregate settings like correctional facilities and homeless shelters; long-term care facilities; and in K-12 schools and childcare settings. The change aligns with the California Department of Public Health’s decision to let expire the statewide indoor mask requirement, which was instated on December 15 during the latest COVID-19 surge.”
- Our staff will wear masks to keep you and each other We ask that you and anyone accompanying you also wear a face covering (mask or scarf}.
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you have a fever, illness, new cough, difficulty breathing, or loss of taste or You should also reschedule if you have been in close contact with someone suspected of COVID-19 infection during the past 2 weeks.
- In our waiting area, please attempt to maintain social distancing when feasible, or if you prefer, you can wait outside in your If we are running late, we may take your cell phone number and have you wait outside until we are ready for you.
- To protect our patients and staff, we are following CDC guidelines for proper cleaning of all equipment and surfaces.
Please have only one family member or friend accompany you to the office exam. It is best for them to wait outside or in the car until your consultation and discussion with the doctor occurs. At that point, you can phone them to join us in the examination room or to listen to the conversation via your cell phone.